Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Foundation Frenzy

I don't know about you ladies, but finding a good foundation that works for me has been a HUGE challenge over the years.  I've never had good luck with a liquid that has the coverage I want, doesn't make me oily looking, stays on all day and has a good color match.  Welp, those days are gone!!  A little over a week ago I was browsing the makeup isles at Target and decided to try Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup with SPF 20.

This makeup is absolutely perfect for me! It's affordable, provides medium/full coverage, is lightweight (meaning you don't feel like you even have makeup on) and goes on easily.  I was a little unsure on what color I should try, so I went one shade lighter than what I would've normally chosen (because you can always add bronzer for a sunkissed glow.. instead of having a too dark face and white neck)  Turns out, the color I picked matches perfect and I don't have to do any crazy blending to make my face match my neck anymore!

Some people think liquid makeup is scary.. mainly because they don't know how to apply it properly.  Below is a video I found on YouTube that breaks down different ways to apply liquid makeup, and which one works the best.  Sponge vs Fingers vs Brushes.

Stippling is my preferred method.. and I use is the Sonia Kashuk Hightlighting Brush.  It's a flat top, dense, duo fiber brush (with white and black fibers) -- also known as a "skunk brush".  Keep in mind when using a brush like this.. you only want the makeup to touch the white fibers, so your black ones should never get dirty.

So if you want to try out this foundation, it can be purchased at places like Target, Walmart and Walgreen's for around $12, and the Sonia Kashuk stippling brush can be purchased at Target for $13.

My color is 60 - Natural Beige

Lots of love.
-- Kali @ The Pink Leopard

No comments:

Post a Comment