Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Are you THready..


or not? Stop laughing at my title, I'm just trying to make you grin on this lovely Tuesday afternoon, okay? :)  Today I'm going to hit on the latest eyebrow shaping trend (at least the latest in my book).. Eyebrow Threading!  I was way late jumping on this bandwagon, but I'm so glad I did.  I remember walking through the mall and seeing those little kiosks with girls getting after some eyebrows with tiny pieces of thread, and I always thought "Gee, that's kinda cool, but I have no eyebrows as it is.. so it wouldn't work for me."  I totally thought wrong. 

I finally tried out eyebrow threading a few months ago, and oh my gosh, I love it!!  I have crappy, thin, poorly shaped eyebrows (or at least.. I used to) and I figured I'd fork out a few bucks to see what girlfriend could do, and she worked some magic!  It takes a little longer than waxing, but the results are gorgeous.  She shaped my brows better than any wax ever could have.  I now have an arch, for real.  Granted, I do still use my Smashbox Brow Tech To Go to color in the thin areas, but I no longer have to draw on a shape, if that makes sense. 

They take two pieces of thread and twist them back and forth all over the skin to pull out multiple hairs at once (similar to waxing) but without the heat, stickiness, or potential skin damage.  The sensation is similar to plucking. Check out this YouTube Video for a better idea. (this video is not from the place I go - it just explains how it works). 

If you want to try it out, there is a kiosk at Central Mall, directly across from Victoria's Secret.  It costs $11 for this treatment. 

Lots of love.
-- Kali @ The Pink Leopard


No comments:

Post a Comment