Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Clear skin is in

Sounds like the WAY overdone ProActiv commercial, right?  Gag me.  Seriously, if you are on the hunt for an excellent and affordable acne fighting agent.. I've got one for ya.  I've never really had "bad" acne, but I do get those annoying-deep under the skin-makes you want to pop them constantly pimples from time to time.  I've tried tons of products and AcneFree Clear Skin Treatments is by far the most effective!

AcneFree is essentially the same concept (meaning the 3 step process) as ProActiv, yet a fraction of the cost, it's available in your local retailers, and it works better.  The downside for ProActiv is the cost, waiting for it to arrive, the auto-refill you get signed up for automatically, and how it doesn't produce optimal results for the price.  AcneFree has two formulas available - the original and Severe Acne - which also comes with a Retinol Renewing Complex lotion that is to be used for serious problem areas.  I've tried both and love them equally.  They're only a dollar or two different in price, so what the heck, I use the stronger of the two, just for that extra reassurance.

AcneFree is a medicated cleanser, toner and repair lotion system.. so you can definitely feel it working.  After a day or so of consistent use (morning/night) my skin started to feel the burn, so I backed off on the toner, and now only use it to get extra clean at night. 

So here's my skin cleansing routine: 
Morning:
1.Cleanser
2.Repair lotion
3. Apply a small dab of Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion on my face, just for some extra moisture. 

Night:
1. Cleanser
2. Toner
3. Repair lotion or retinol renewing complex *this is only available with the Severe Acne kit*.

These fabulous kits are available at places like Target & Walmart for around $17-20 depending on which kit you get.  Another perk is you can now buy the cleanser by itself for $5!  Also, the whole kit is actually a dollar cheaper at Target than Walmart.

Lots of love.
-- Kali @ The Pink Leopard

No comments:

Post a Comment