Friday, November 11, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

As most of you already know.. I'm a Jersey Shore addict and a guidette at heart.  I snubbed them when their show first aired, but I caught an episode a few seasons ago, and was hooked.  Sure, tons of people are disgusted by them.. but seriously, I'd have no problem acting like an idiot if someone paid me tons of money too, so as the old saying goes,  "Don't hate the players, hate the game!"  This show is definitely my favorite guilty pleasure.

This summer, Chris and I actually went to the Jersey Shore and got to see the shore house, the 'Shore Store' where the cast works every summer (and Danny actually made our custom pants/shirts for us... so that was pretty cool), eat fried pickles with sexy sauce, walk along the beautiful boardwalk, and get bronzed on the beach.  Overall, I was totally impressed -- the boardwalk and beach were very clean and enjoyable.  We actually had to go to Jersey for Chris' work.. and on the weekend headed to the shore to play -- just incase you were wondering if I was crazy enough to travel there just because I liked the show. Although, we are planning to go back next summer to party!

When we got to the shore house, the MTV crew was actually there breaking down the set, because the cast had just wrapped up filming Season 5 and left the day before!!  Never know, Chris and I could've got our GTL on with MVP. :)

Anyway, the whole reason I am making this Jersey Shore post is because I wanted to share with you the two books Snooki has written.  Stop laughing, yes, I really bought, read and thoroughly enjoyed both of them!

Her first book A Shore Thing is a story about two girls, Gia and Bella (based on her and JWoww) and it's really cute and funny.  The second book, Confessions of a Guidette is all about Snooki's life as well as different beauty product suggestions and tips.  It also has a lot of pictures from Snooki now and when she was little.  I actually finished the book the same night I bought it.. because I couldn't make myself stop turning the pages!  Both of these books definitely satisfy my Jersey Shore addiction since the show isn't on air right now. :)

If any of you ladies need to indulge on your Jersey Shore guilty pleasures check these books out.  You can also view the past seasons online over on MTV's website. No, you probably won't gain much from them other than a few laughs, but isn't that the point?

Lots of love.
-- Kali @ The Pink Leopard


No comments:

Post a Comment